Getting To Know Singapore

Saturday, March 24


You'd think that on my second visit to Singapore, I can strut around the streets and go, "Yeah, I've seen this before. Yep, I know this country so much better than you tourists. Yep, I'm a know-it-all." That is not the case at all. I am still kept on my toes about this little country. Little, but boy, it's certainly brought the word organised to a whole new level.

1. Trying to find litter in Singapore is like looking for a needle in a haystack, except harder.
2. The escalators in this country are dead fast. As if normal escalators don't go fast enough.
3. Everywhere you go, it's airconditioned. Buses. Interchange stops {long gone are the days where you wait outside for a bus. They do it shopping centre style here}. Shops. Everywhere.
4. Don't even get me started on the public transport. It's so easy to get around here.

For a small country, you've got to give it to them for being so organised in accomodating its people and tourists. You start to think, 'gosh darn, they thought of everything'. Makes one happy tourist.

0 COMMENTS :