Well hello, spring

Friday, September 28


Went on a weekend day trip down to a local tulip festival, which was really all kinds of lovely. I had never ever been to a tulip festival, let alone seen a tulip in real life. So it was a real eye opener for me. On our way, we passed by a kookaburra feeding place and a lovely town called Olinda; hands down, they had the most charming and quirkiest little shops ever. And for the first time, it actually felt like a real spring day; it was sunny, warm and just made for a fantastic day out.

I recently had a thought, of how wonderful it is to be able to see and hear. To be able to see the faces of the ones that I love. To see a smile. To watch a movie. To hear a laugh. To hear music. I thought, what a gift that is. A friend had said, "there are a lot of people who can hear and see." He was right. I don't personally know a blind or deaf person, but a quick search taught me that there are about 40 million blind people in the world and another forty who are not able to hear. To be born with eyes that can see and ears that can hear – for me, they are the two greatest gifts I'll have in life.

0 COMMENTS :