This Weekend

Sunday, February 10


Every now and then you'll have a weekend that's just plain awesome, all on its own. This weekend was one of them, and it blew all my other awesome weekends right out of the water. Weekend normally means work for me, and this weekend was no different. I worked both days. But it kicked butt, and here's why.


Saturday was the eve of Chinese New Year, so after work, I took the tram down to my relatives' and we had a feast. I sure admire the dedication, patience and incredible cooking skills of the older generation.


I hung out with these two beautiful girls during the night. We reenacted stories like Snow White, Rapunzel and Little Mermaid. I played both the evil witch AND the charming prince in every story. Coincidence? I think not ;)


Sunday meant another day of work, and it was Chinese New Year! All day, we could hear the firecrackers going off and the distinct sounds of drums. The thing with the lion dance is that even adults never tire of it, and even get more hyped up than the kids. It's always nice to see smiles light up faces.


  My dear Phoebe came to see the firecrackers and the lion dance. Sweetest kid you'll ever meet. Today she asked me, "have you got any scary movies? because if you do, we can be brave together." Aaaaaaaaaww.


 We made little puppets out of the drawings she made of us (I'm the green one with blue bird poop on my head, by the way.) It was honestly the best day of work I ever had, hanging out with a six year old and making up silly little stories with our handmade puppets strung on chopsticks.

7 COMMENTS :

Vic said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Hanging out with kids can be so refreshing!

Unknown said...

Eep! Happy New Year! :) Looks like a fun time!

Summer said...

Aww :) Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Love your glasses btw ;)

xo
summer

Vilte said...

LOVE the first image! so full of life!

Brittany LeSueur said...

Aw this is so fun! Chinese New year sounds like a blast...especially with all that yummy food. Thank you so much for that sweet comment. It truly meant a lot! p.s. I love your glasses! Have I told you that yet?

Giovanna said...

Great shots! Looks like a fun weekend!

xx
Giovanna
www.HeyLoveBlog.com

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

That all looks amazing! And I love Chinese New Year so much more than the regular one:) I'm glad I got to see some of the festivities in my city as well.

Anyway, happy new year!

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/