making life feel lived

Thursday, March 21


I met up with these lovely girls after work on one super cold rainy day for dinner. We had been wanting to try this new local restaurant (a famous Malaysian one!) for a long time and it honestly felt like an achievement when we all had a free night to spare. I might or might not have acted as though I knew every single meal on the menu, but to be honest, even though I did grow up in Malaysia, I never really ate out then and got to experience every single 'local' dish Malaysia had to offer. Why? Because eating out is pretty much a federal crime in my grandma's eyes "when you can eat at home". I'm sure many of you can relate! No complaints here though, she is the most amazing cook, ever.

Life for all of us has been moving so fast, and it doesn't look like it's about to slow down anytime soon. The days just pass so quickly, and before we know it, boom, we're nearly in April! Between school and working on the weekends, there really isn't much time for anything else. It was just so good to just sit down, relax and chat about anything and everything, from the everyday stuff to our most embarrassing childhood memories - something that shall neeeeeever leave that table, that I'm sure. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long long time.

I'm so glad to be going through Year 12 with these girls. They make life feel lived.

1 COMMENTS :

Jane said...

Aww~ so glad you had a night out. Looks like you had a great time. I know what you mean about time going by so quickly! Eep! I wish I can press the slow button once in a while!