on spontaneity

Sunday, February 9

{shots taken by my dear friend sonia, thanks bud}

Went out with the loveliest girls one day, purely for city adventuring aka walk around the city all day with no actual agenda in mind. As soon as we got into the city, it all changed. We spotted a random piano sitting right on the edge of the flinders train station on our way out, and of course like good friends would, these people who I believed were my friends two seconds ago were pushing me towards the piano and I won't say force, but you know how, ahem, convincing friends can be.

And let me just paint you a picture of what I was getting myself into: flinders is the main station of melbourne, center of the hustle bustle of the city, which means you can be sure I'd have eyes on me. But, you know, friends and their darn you'll-never-hear-the-end-of-this-if-you-don't-comply mantra. It won out, as usual. And thinking "hey, it's only once, what do I have to lose?" I played. And okay, it was pretty cool.

But as it turns out! that's not the only piano in the city. There were plenty scattered all over the city. It's part of this really cool art movement called "Play Me, I'm Yours" (check it here!), and has already reached nearly forty other cities in the world. So we went around looking for these pianos and before you knew it, I slid into the pianos like I was born to do it. It was just the coolest, and many times a day, we'd kick ourselves and think, "wow, this is actually real?!" Having kids singing on the either side of you as you play a childhood favourite do-re-mi, playing 'hey jude' simultaneously to the buskers playing it on the guitar a few metres away from you... oh, the beauty of music and people and the whole city vibes just sat so well with me.

It was the most spontaneous day, the kind that I wished I could relive again just because of how incredible it was, how light it felt and how full it made my heart.

4 COMMENTS :

Jane said...

that's really neat! i love movements like this!

Haruko086 said...

T_T i missed it..

amykelly said...

Talking about spontaneity!!! :)
Cool. Real cool!

Jane said...

Beautiful pictures! I love your blog.
www.offthenutshell.blogspot.com